The Interdisciplinary Graduate School (IGS) Premium Scholarship is a competitive and prestigious scholarship scheme designed to encourage outstanding graduates or final-year students to take their first step towards a leading research career by studying for a doctoral degree programme (PhD) at the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), one of Asia's leading research universities. Funding will be provided for up to 4 years for awardees.Who are eligible?
Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent ResidentsEligibility criteria
• You must have a First Class Honours degree or equivalent at Bachelor's level.
• If you have not yet completed your undergraduate degree programme, you will need to furnish documentation from your university that you are on track to get a First Class Honours degree or equivalent Stipend and allowances
The award terms are:
• Singapore Citizens - $3,500 monthly
• Singapore Permanent Residents - $3,200 monthly
• Full support of tuition fees
• Conference allowance up to S$3,000 per candidature, varies amongst Research Institutes
• Local conference allowance up to S$800 per candidatureQualification
During the first year, you will be expected to take relevant courses and to work towards passing the qualifying examination. If this qualification is not met, there will be no conversion to a Master’s degree for the awardees.Bond
There is no bond attached to the scholarship.For Admission in Academic Year 2017 (August 2017)Application DetailsApplications, including referee reports and documents, are required to be submitted online.• Information for Graduate Applicants• Apply to IGS now! (Remember to select the programme code “Global Asia”)• Check your application statusApplication Deadline• Closing date for admission in August (Semester 1): 31 January 2017For more information on the application and admission process, please click here.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Scholarships available for the following research projects
A. CULTURAL ASIA – CULTURE, LANGUAGE & COMMUNICATION
B. TRANSFORMATIONAL ASIA – SOCIAL TRANSFORMATION & RESILIENCE
C. BUSINESS ASIA – BUSINESS & ECONOMIC GROWTH